Greetings Earthlings! I’m a musician/artist/engineer/developer, and this is my blog. I don’t post often, but the archive includes topics that ranged anywhere from Google acquisitions, to the latest Apple news, Linux reviews, music, or tips for writing successful songs. Or maybe just a hip Instagram. There are also plenty of gardening, fashion, gourmet cooking and otherwise female-friendly posts from my other half, Jenny. In other words, it’s all over the map. Sit back, hook up to the feed, and enjoy reading.
I occasionally record music with Jenny that usually features an indie-folkish feel combined with some retropop sounds. I also play guitar and keyboard regularly. My current setup includes a Fractal Audio AX8, a Mesa Maverick 2×12, a ’97 Gibson Les Paul Special, an ’06 American Deluxe Ash Tele, a PT-Pro full of goodies, Propellerhead Reason, Apple Logic Pro X, a Nektar Panorama 49 and an M-Audio Pro Keys 88, and an Audient iD22 into an iMac. Some samples of our music:
I’m currently employed by Pantano Christian Church in Tucson, AZ as the Technical Director (all things production / audio / visual). I’ve been at Pantano since 2005, where I’ve served as sound engineer, technical director, worship leader, and web director. I’ve also jammed plenty of side hustles in sound engineering, music production, web development and design for non-profits.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Sound Engineering: Front-of-house and monitor mixing (including digital console programming); experience with many analog and digital consoles, including Midas, Soundcraft, Yamaha, Digidesign, Stagetec, Studer, Mackie.
Specialty: Yamaha CL/QL consoles, Waves MultiRack, Behringer/Midas X/M consoles
- Digital Audio Networking: Dante, Soundgrid, AES50
- Audio Production: Logic Pro X
- Music Production: Reason, Ableton Live
- Video Production: Final Cut Studio
Specialty: BlackMagic switchers and capture devices
- Graphic Design: Adobe Creative Suite
- Web Design/Development: LAMP and jQuery
- CMS Systems: WordPress (templates/themes, custom plugins, backend customization)
- System Administration: Mac OS X, GNU/Linux
- Network Administration: Cisco routers/switches; Linux, Mac servers (design and implementation); most wireless equipment
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+