Hi! I’m a mild-mannered
reporter musician/artist/engineer/developer, and this is my blog. Topics can range anywhere from Google acquisitions, to the latest Apple news, Linux reviews, music, or tips for writing successful songs. There are also plenty of gardening, fashion, gourmet cooking and otherwise female-friendly posts from my other half, Jenny. In other words, it’s all over the map. Sit back, hook up to the feed, and enjoy reading. If it gets too technical, don’t panic, just visit Wikipedia and search for unfamiliar terms.
I’m (slowly but surely) recording an album with Jenny that will feature an indie-folkish feel combined with some retropop sounds. I also play guitar and keyboard regularly in the Elements Band at Pantano. My current setup includes a delicious Mesa Maverick 2×12 combo (with 35w of Class A purity), a ’97 Gibson Les Paul Special, a Line 6 M13 on the floor, Propellerhead Reason with an M-Audio Pro Keys 88, and an Apogee Duet through an iMac. Some samples of our recent music:
I’m currently employed by Pantano Christian Church in Tucson, AZ as the Web Technology Director (which encompasses tasks as a webmaster, web designer, database administrator, and web app manager). I’ve been at Pantano since 2005, where I’ve also served as audio engineer, technical director, and worship leader. I also do some development and/or design for various non-profit organizations.
Organizations I’ve worked with recently:
I’m working on a science fiction novel. Here’s the latest “back cover” synopsis:
In a not too distant future, humans have transcended to post-humanity with advances in bionics and genetic modification, and they have breached the technological Singularity. But, this posthuman society comes at a high price: so-called “oldhumans” inhabit the far reaches of the earth. They are the descendants of underdeveloped and third world countries, who fell further into poverty without the means to keep up with posthuman advances.
Walter is an overzealous posthuman ex-cop from New Angeles. Esbon is an oldhuman from the mountains of Peru, who calls himself an Incan. Esbon’s striking blue eyes and pale skin hardly fit in with the local population, and Walter soon discovers that they share an unmodified human gene – a gene that could be the key to unlocking posthumanity’s darkest secret.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Sound Engineering: Front-of-house and monitor mixing (including digital console programming); experience with many analog and digital consoles, including Midas, Soundcraft, Yamaha, Digidesign, Stagetec, Studer, and Mackie.
Specialty: Yamaha M7CL consoles
- Music Production: Reason, Logic Pro Studio
- Video Production: Final Cut Studio, Canon HDV cameras
Specialty: Panasonic AVS400 video mixers and BlackMagic capture devices
- Graphic Design: Adobe Creative Suite
- CMS Systems: WordPress (templates/themes, custom plugins, backend customization)
- System Administration: Mac OS X, GNU/Linux, Windows
- Network Administration: Cisco routers/switches; Linux, Mac and Windows servers (design and implementation); most wireless equipment
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+