NPR did some mythbusting this week and discovered the truthiness behind 5 things we tend to believe about water.
- Myth 1: Drink Eight Glasses Each Day
- Myth 2: Drinking Lots of Water Helps Clear Out Toxins
- Myth 3: Lots of Water Equals Healthier Skin
- Myth 4: Drinking Extra Water Leads to Weight Loss
- Myth 5: It’s Easy to Get Dehydrated During a Workout
From the article:
“But first, how do you know if you’re drinking enough water? Experts say there’s an easy way to judge. If you’re not thirsty, you’re fluid intake is likely “just right.”